Tahmid Shantanu is a multilingual ATC teacher from Dhaka, Bangladesh. He graduated from Arkansas Tech University with a Bachelor in Sociology. Tahmid will be teaching math at Hope in the fall.
At Arkansas Tech, Tahmid was:
- A Resident Assistant,
- A Student Ambassador for the International Multicultural Student Services Office,
- An Arkansas Tech summer Orientation Leader/Student Ambassador for incoming freshmen,
- A sociology, psychology, anthropology, history, and English tutor,
- A member of the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity,
- A member of Because We Can (a non-profit student organization at Tech that tackles social issues in the community and encourages the student body to get involved),
- President of the Tech Soccer Club,
- A founder and member of the International Student Organization at Tech.
During his last three spring semesters, Tahmid was co-director of TopSoccer, a program geared towards helping children with special needs to learn how to play soccer.